In this episode, we steer you through the journey of applying to become a homestay host to an international student. It’s quite the process as you do need to be vetted to host students, especially underage students, but don’t let that scare you. Every school will have a different protocol, but there is an application process you should go through. Once that is done, the rest of your homestay adventure will be less stressful. So grab a pen and get ready to jot some notes down on becoming a homestay host!
Key Points From This Episode:
- We take you through the application process on becoming a homestay host.
- We discuss different schools and hosting opportunities and how to find them.
- Mary shares how she navigates household rules (like smoking).
- Erin shares her experience with home visits… and the reason she didn’t “mesh” with one of the coordinators.
- We talk about the student matching process.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Scaredy Squirrel books