In this episode, Mary challenged Erin to talk about her being a Mama Bear; tender claws out and ready to advocate for her students. Listen for the way Erin handles challenging situations including when she rescues Christmas for her student’s friend and dealing with high school teachers, which can be challenging all on their own. Then we take a little side track as Mary gets a delivery at the door… all before Mary shares her stories about how she saved a student’s romantic relationship, which causes Erin to feel like throwing up because of the suspense. How have you helped your students? We’d love to know, so please share your stories with us through email, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Points From This Episode:
- ♫ Mama knows best ♫ Mary tries to pull one over on Erin. What did she do??
- Update from Mary: will she take her sister’s student?
- Erin shares about the first time her students saw her in Mama Bear mode… in defence of one of their best friends.
- Home Alone (not the movie) at Christmas.
- Erin gets stressed out talking about summer school / Erin’s rant about email etiquette.
- (26:10) A fun diversion! Mary gets a home delivery. Find out what’s in the box!
- Mary shares her story about how she saved her student’s romantic relationship.
Important things to note about this story:
You’ll want popcorn and a tissue box.
The suspense made Erin’s stomach go in knots.
Upon reflection… Erin thinks this story would make a fantastic movie.
Mary has ‘next level’ skills – Erin thinks she’s a Jedi Knight.
- How do you push your students to take risks and make mistakes when learning English?