In this episode, Erin interviews Mary. We talk about how Mary got started hosting international homestay students. Mary shares some of her experiences with hosting, her love of cooking, crafting, and how she includes her students in her home life.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Chai is patience in a cup
- Previous homestay parents scared Mary with their stories.
- Mary hosts short-term students. Average age is 21.
- Mary really enjoys cooking
- “Mix mash” is our new made up word for the ultimate recipe cookbook
- She’s a crafter!
- Mary is excellent at charades
- Google translate – excellent for communicating with students in different languages
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
“I have to just keep reminding myself that every student is a different person and I can’t expect them to be a certain way, or act a certain way in front of us or our daughter. Always just going in with an open frame of mind because if I do have those expectations, then I get disappointed.” – Mary (23:40)